Friday, April 24, 2009

Friends

I have a fridge full of friends.


Friends are such a great thing! I love my friends. There’s the friend that would help me zip up my jeans in college… I know that sounds a bit absurd… but some may remember when the tighter the jeans the better – and I personally can attest that obviously some folks still wear them that way … and any who have worn tight, tight jeans know that the only way a girl can zip those darn things is to lie on the bed… take a deep breath and have a good friend help you zip them… that’s a friend.


And, there’s the friend that loaned me her shoes and Bobbi Brown makeup because the airlines sent my luggage elsewhere on a recent trip. How ‘bout the friend that offered big bucks to help me when I started a new business years ago. I didn’t take her up on it, but what a friend!


There’s the friend that listens to my complaints, my fears, my joys, and reads all of my writing and tells me how wonderful it is – you have to admit that’s a true friend. When I want honesty – I read it to my husband.


I have a friend who paints with me and we pretend that we’re good. I have a friend that gets silly with me and laughs with me. I have a friend that listens, critiques and brings me a jolt of reality when I need it. I have a friend that shares life’s ups and downs and she would do anything for me. What a friend!


Friends are such a blessing. They send me funny cards, words of inspiration and hugs… when I need them most.


One of my favorite friend reminders is my fridge. It’s full of Christmas photo cards and pictures of our friends and family. Do you have a fridge full of friends? Oh, to be so blessed…

No comments:

Post a Comment