Thursday, April 20, 2023

 Coffee is not the only thing I find in the morning.

It's funny how little things can mean a whole lot:  a cup of coffee; a memento, an act of kindness...

I was prepping to begin work this morning when I needed to fetch a cup of coffee... and then... I realized that I needed a coaster... I went hunting for one and found my stack.  Two were crocheted by a dear neighbor and friend that went to heaven long ago and one was constructed recently from a dear friend from Michigan.  Those items put the thought and this blog into my head.  It's such a gift of love to receive something from someone that was given with a big heart and given specifically to you.  The receiver feels the love.  

As I was making my way from the kitchen to my office, I noticed the trivet on my stove.  It's a bright and beautiful square that I received from a dear friend as she and her husband packed up and left our city many, many years ago - the trivet remains in my kitchen as does her love.

I arrive in my office, my yoga room, my respite and notice my small table and chairs that I've repainted over the years.  It was my grandmother's that my uncle built - it is mine now it and with ownership I revisit the memories of those that have sat on the chairs, laid work papers or treats on it's surface and provided love.

Ahhh... this morning is filled with friends and loved ones as I begin my work day



No comments:

Post a Comment